Are you looking for the best pens for art in the market? This website will explain to you the top 7 best art pens that will help you create fascinating artwork. If you are new to art or you are professional or experienced, we have checked on the best art pen that will be ideal for you.
To help you choose the best pens for art, we have explained the top-quality features that make these pens stand out among the many art pens. The material, durability, customer, and expert recommendations were the bases that were considered when choosing these art pens. Our expert also looked at the pros and cons of every pen when preparing the list.
Top Picks: 5 Best Pens for Art
Best Pens for Art- Top 7 Picks
YISAN Black Drawing Pens
- Includes 1 of each size: #005 (0.2mm), #01 (0.25mm), #02 (0.3mm), #03 (0.35mm), #04 (0.40mm), #05 (0.45mm) , #06 (0.50mm) , #08(0.6mm) , #10 (1.0mm) , #20 (2.0mm) , #30 (3.0mm) , #BR.
- Professional inking pens used by comic artists, illustrators, watercolor artists, archivists, and laboratory professionals.
- No smears, feathers, or bleed-through on most papers.
- Precise line widths make this fine line pen set ideal for drawing and writing.
- Micro-Pens are stored in convenient organizer pouch to hold each pen, so you can always keep them neatly organized and ready for use.
YISAN Black Drawing Pens are the best pens for art available today. The pen is designed to write artwork with an excellent display and lasts longer. The multi-size pen tips are perfect for technical drawing, journaling, calligraphy, designing, etc. This micro-pen has top-quality features that make it our top-quality pen.
Excellent variety sizes- YISAN Black Drawing Pens come in different sizes, ideal for various artworks. The sizes include 0.2mm, 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0,35mm, 0.4mm, 0.45mm, 0.50mm, 0.60mm, 1.0mm, 2.0mm, and 3.0mm. These pen tip sizes do not smear, bleed, or feather on most of the used papers.
Wide application- Thanks to the various sizes, the pen can be used by illustrators, archivists, comic artists, laboratory professionals, and watercolour artists. The pen’s line width enables this fine-line pen to be an excellent pen for professional writing and drawing artwork.
Perfect storage- This micro-pen comes with a convenient organizer pouch that helps to hold each of the pens well. This helps keep them neat and well organized, ready to be used. This allows the artist to choose the right pen size for the specific function.
- Professional pens for a wide variety of works
- There are 11 pens of various sizes; hence ideal for multiple works
- The fine liners work excellently with watercolours
- Does not smudge or smear on papers
- Ideal pen for professionals and beginners who want top-quality work
- It runs out of ink easily
TWO HANDS Set of 12 Micro Pens
- The archival quality ink is waterproof, chemical resistant, fade resistant, bleed free, quick drying.
- No Matter how you want to Draw，we have the right tip：0.2mm (005), 0.25mm (01), 0.3mm (02), 0.35mm (03), 0.40mm(04), 0.45mm (05), 0.50mm (06), 0.6mm (08), 1.0mm (10), 2.0mm (20),3.0mm (30),BR.
- Unleash your imagination with these micro inking pens! These pens are ideal for personal doodling pens, professional illustration, bullet journals, general writing and as technical drawing pens.
- Each pen cap is labeled by size so that you can easily organize your drawing pens. Each set comes in a handy storage pouch for your convenience.
- Good gift for family, neighbors, friends. Beautiful personalized gifts for a Birthday, Anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years or any special Holidays.
If you are looking for an art pen that you will always be proud of, TWO HANDS Set of 12 Micro Pens is the pen to go for. I have used TWO HANDS Set of 12 Micro Pens; it has been nice to me because of the size, doesn’t skip, and has a smooth mark making. When you first do a quick sketch, you will realize that the artistic work is of another level.
Excellent quality– TWO HANDS Set of 12 Micro Pens unlashes all your artistic imaginations due to the archival ink quality that is chemical resistant, quick in drying, bleed-free, and waterproof. The excellent pen quality makes them ideal for bullet journals, technical drawing, professional illustration, general writing, and personal doodling.
Wide variety pen tip size- Whatever you want to draw or write, the pen has the right tip that fits well with your purpose. There are 12 pens with different pen tips ranging from 0.2mm to 3.0mm. Every pen cap is labelled with its size to make it easy to draw and convenient to store.
Fade-resistant- One of the most important things about these pens is that they are water-resistant and do not fade in your work. Even though they dry quickly, they stay longer on the artistic work until they have been applied. This makes the pen perfect for sketching, scrapbooking, manga, etc.
- Dries quickly
- Variety pen tips that are ideal for various task
- Does not fade
- It has a friendly dark black ink
- It leaves some ink scratches when you use the large pen tip.
Drawing Pens Mogyann Black Art Pens for Drawing
- 12 SIZE TIPS -- (0.2mm(005), 0.25mm (01), 0.3mm(02), 0.35mm(03), 0.4mm (04), 0.45mm(05), 0.5mm(06), 0.6mm(08), 1mm, 2mm, 3mm Chisel tip, BR)
- PREMIUM INK -- The ink is not fading, non-toxic, odorless, rest assured when using, and the work can be stored for a long time
- WATERPROOF -- Quick-drying and waterproof features provide a wider range of usage scenarios.
- MULTIFUNCTION -- Thick and thin lines and brush tips, you can enjoy the ultimate fun when drawing and writing.
- WISH GIFT -- The penholder is designed with a starry sky pattern, which is very beautiful. And It is also easy to carry and can be used at any time. Taking this as a gift will be a mobile surprise.
Thanks to this pen’s 12 different pen tips, it provides you with all you want in the arts. The 12 different sizes make it ideal for beginners and experienced art professionals who wish for cheap but high-quality pens. The pen is reliable and can be used for an extended period. The pen’s design is good and inspires you when drawing your work.
Unique design- This pen is designed to motivate you when you are using it. The penholder has a starry sky pattern that looks beautiful and makes it easy to be carried to any place. The design makes the pen reliable, and one can use them for an extended period without any problem.
Excellent pen tips- Mogyann pens come with 12 pieces of different sizes. This size makes the pen multifunctional; the size ranges from 0.2mm to 3mm chisel tips. The pen’s thick and thin brush tips make drawing various works enjoyable.
Premium ink- The premium ink is on another level, it is non-toxic, doesn’t fade, is odourless, and lasts longer when stored well. The waterproof and quick-to-dry nature of the ink makes it perfect to be used in various works.
- Its ink Dry quickly
- The ink is waterproof and fades resistant
- Variety pen tips that meet drawing requirements
- Perfect design that is ideal for any work
- No cons have been reported with it
Sharpie Art Pens
- Color-full, brilliant shades ignite thought-provoking messages
- Ink won't bleed through paper and is acid-free and archival-quality
- Quick-drying ink is both water- and fade-resistant; AP certified
- Fine point and slim, contoured design for effortless detail and control
- Includes 24 assorted felt tip pens
Do you want to unleash your artsy side quickly? If yes, Sharpie Art Pens is your ideal art pen. If your mind is full of artistic drawing ideas that need to be sketched, Sharpie Art Pens will help you put that idea into reality. The pens have top-quality ink that doesn’t bleed and dries quickly on the paper. Sharpie markers allow you to conquer your creative idea into reality.
Striking colours- Sharpie pens have 24 pieces of different unique colours. There are two black, two blue, two red, one orange, coral, purple, turquoise, yellow, boysenberry, clover, grey, sepia, navy art, brown, tangerine, hot pink, wine red, lime green, and berry. The inks are exceptionally and brilliantly pigmented to make a stunning array of art that helps in having creative and perfect work.
Precise fine point- This lightweight designed pen has refined fine tips that ensure you have created your dream artwork. They also help to control the drawing or creations because they have the best tips that are delicately nuanced.
Superior ink- The ink of Sharpie Art Pens is on another level; it is bright, quick-drying, vibrant, fade, and water-resistant. The ink is also acid-free and makes it ideal for art projects and scrapbooks. Since the ink is smear-resistant, it does not bleed paper, ensuring you capture your idea in clarity.
- 24-pieces with the ideal pen tip
- Superior ink that is fading and water-resistant
- A smooth glide when drawing
- Vibrant ink
- It doesn’t bleed the papers
- The pens wear out fast
Sharpie Art Pens, Fine Points, and Colors may vary
- Bold, brilliant colors won’t bleed through paper
- Fine point draws sharp details for dazzling coloring pages, journals and notes
- Quick-drying, acid-free ink is water, fade and smear resistant
- Durable hard case opens into a stand-up easel for easy storage and access
- Includes: Black, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Hot Pink, Red and Brown Sharpie fine point pens
Do you want a bold colour pen that doesn’t bleed on paper? Sharpie Art Pens provides you with that, and it has a fine tip with vibrant colours that are easy to fill on the pictures. The pen has excellent features, like a sturdy stand-up case for easy storage and premium ink that is acid-free, waterproof, and dries quickly.
Wide and vibrant colour- Sharpie Art Pens come with eight pieces of different colours that are best for various tasks. The colours include blue, black, hot pink, brown, red, yellow, green, and orange fine point pens. The unique brilliant, and rich pigments are stunning and can be used in every drawing situation.
Powerful ink- This pen has a vibrant designed ink perfect for use as it doesn’t bleed through papers. The ink is acid-free, dries quickly, and is water-resistant. The smear and fade-resistant resistance of the pen’s ink makes it perfect for lasting for long compared to other marker pens.
Good design- The pen has a slim design which makes it easy to control and ensures that you are sparking your creative art. The stand-up pack case for the pen is sturdy that folds the pen for easy storage and access. Sharpie also has a colour-matching cap that makes it easy for you to choose the right colour for use.
- Superfine pen tip that is perfect for colouring pictures and journals
- Sturdy hard case for easy access and storage
- Acid-free and fade resistant
- It does not bleed papers
- They have limited pieces
120 Colors Dual Tip Brush Art Marker Pens
- 【120 UNIQUE COLORS+1Coloring Book】:120 different and vibrant colors with colored cap design allows you to recognize and identify each color easily. Each pen with different thickness shape penholder allows you coloring and writing for a long time. Bouns 1 coloring book can help you relax and reduce stress.
- 【DUAL TIP PENS】: Flexible fiber brush tip and extra fine tip in one marker, allows you to create medium or bold strokes by changing brush pressure and experience fine strokes with extra fine tip. Our tips are made of special fiber material which is wear-resistant,no branching and durable can use for a really long time.Ideal for kids and adults calligraphy, underlining, adult coloring books, journal hand lettering .
- 【HIGH QUALITY SAFE INK】:The water-based ink is ACID-FREE & NON-TOXIC,unscented, fast-drying. Conforms to ASTM-D4236. So our art markers are completely safe for teacher, students, collage and kids while doing homework or artwork.
- 【Great Gift】: The case with multi-colored markers and 1 coloring book inside, make this a great gift for friends and kids on birthday, International Children's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, New Year and Christmas Day.
- 【SATISFACTORY SERVICE GUARANTEE】:Your satisfaction is our top priority, please rest assured to purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with our products or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
With 120 different colours, this art pen provides customers with the best and most high-quality professional products. The 120 colours are designed with vibrant colours for easy colour identification and usage. The pen has top-quality features like safe ink that does not bleed flexibly and a fine tip that allows it to create creative and bold artwork.
Many vibrant colours- Shuttle art pens have 120 vibrant colours with a coloured cap design that is useful in the storage and identification of each colour easily. Every pen has a different thickness shape pen holder that makes it easy to write or colour for an extended period. The bonus one-colour book helps you reduce stress and relax when writing.
Dual tip pens- This pen has two main tips, the fine tip and the flexible fibre brush tip, on one marker. This helps you create bold or medium strikes through the change of experience and brush pressure. These tips are made of wear-resistant material hence durable and ideal for calligraphy, journal hand lettering, and adult colouring books, among others.
Top-quality pen ink- Shuttle art pens use safe ink that is acid-free, fast-drying, unscented, and non-toxic. The link has been approved by ASTM-D4236 and is, therefore, safe for students, college kids, and teachers. The satisfaction of buying this ink is higher as it guarantees you customer support and a safe product.
- Perfect 120 unique colours
- High-quality and safe ink for use
- Dries faster
- Water and fade resistant
- It is easy to use
- Many of the colours flow easily
- Some colours are lighter
- Inconsistent with the colours
Shuttle Art 120 Pack 60 Colored Gel Pen
- 120 VALUABLE PACK & 1 BONUS COLORING BOOK: Shuttle Art gel pens set has 60 individual vibrant colors with 60 refills, including 6 types of colors: 24 glitter, 12 neon, 12 metallic, 6 pastel, 4 classic and 2 neon glitter. ANOTHER coloring book will be provided for adult relaxation.
- PREMIUM PACKING: Our colored gel pens are packed in a PORTABLE STORAGE CASE with individual inserts, which keeps gel pens well placed in it. Convenient to store in a backpack or take outside. Definitely a perfect choice to give out as a lovely gift for people at any age or be owned by yourself.
- SMOOTH WRITING & COMFORTABLE HOLDING: Without bleeding or smearing, 0.8mm - 1.0mm ballpoint tip can produce smooth and no skipping fine lines for coloring. Each pen is color named and coded, which makes it easy for identifying. And all gel pens are equipped with a comfortable rubber grip for a better grasp.
- VARIETY OF USES: The coloring gel pen set is non-toxic and acid-free. Conforms to ASTM-D4236. An ideal art supply for adults and kids. A convenient application for bullet journaling, sketching, drawing, writing, coloring books and any other designs on Scrapbooks, School Projects, Party Invites, Greeting Cards, DIY Decor & Letters to Friends & Family.
- SERVICE GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is our top priority, please rest assured to purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with our products or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
To wrap up with our list is another great quality art pen that is perfect for an adult and comes in 120 different colours for use. This premium package has 60 vibrant colours with 60 refills of different colours. Writing with pens is more comfortable than how you will imagine; it doesn’t bleed or skip lines, but it writes smoothly without skipping lines.
Comfortable holding and smooth writing- Gel pen writes smoothly as you comfortably hold it. The pen’s 0.8mm- 1.0mm ballpoint tip produces smooth writing with no skipping of fine lines or smearing or bleeding of the paper. Each pen is coded and named for easy identification.
Multiple colours- The Gel pen features 120 valuable packs with a bonus colour book. There is a set of 60 vibrant colours and 60 refills that includes six different types of colours. The Gel pens are packed in a portable case where individual colours are kept conveniently.
Wide use- This many Gel pens are acid-free and non-toxic; hence they are used for various purposes. Since they are conformed to ASTM-D4236 guidelines, they are an ideal art for kids and adults. They can be used in sketching, drawing, bullet journaling, and colouring books. The gel pens are also designed to be used in greeting cards, school projects, scrapbooks, party invites, DIY décor, and letters to friends. With the pen, you are assured of satisfaction.
- Outstanding quality for adult colouring
- Many vibrant colours
- The top-notch case that keeps all the pens organized
- Smooth ink flow
- Smear-resistant and acid-free pen
- Several pens run out of ink faster
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Art Pens
The artworks require being of high quality. One thing that makes your drawing attract your customers’ attention is the type of art pen used. Using the wrong art pen will affect your work. As we have highlighted, several good pens are available in the market. Here are the factors to look at if you want the best art pen
An ink pen is one of the essential things you need to look at when buying any art pen. There are two types of inks, oil and water-based inks, in most cases. With artwork, you need to choose a pen with water-based ink. This is because the ink flows easily from the pen and can easily be used with other pigments instead of oil-based inks.
The Pen Tips
Drawing requires using pens with different tip sizes, from fine tips to brush fine tips. Most of the art pens come with different pen tip sizes, with many of them ranging from 0.2mm to 3.0mm. As an artistic professional, always choose the art pen that comes with various tips because you will need them in your work. Don’t be tempted to use an art pen with one tip type because it might affect your work.
The Color Options
Once you have identified the ideal ink and tip, the next vital factor to consider is the colour options the pen comes with. The art pen will be used on various surfaces; you need to use different colours to have an outstanding result. You also need to ensure that the colour option doesn’t smear or bleed the paper. It should also be water and fade-resistant.
Comfort in Holding
None is ready to have an art pen that is uncomfortable to hold; as you decide on a given pen, check how comfortable the pen is for holding as you draw your art. Different art pens are stable, comfortable, and easy to hold. Check on such pens and buy them instead of buying uncomfortable ones.
The market is full of top-quality art pens, making it hard to choose the best. You can decide this by checking on the design that you need. The material, colour, and pen tip add to the overall design of the pen. Know the design you are comfortable with, which can help you have a perfect drawing and buy it.
How to Use Art Pens?
Using art pens isn’t that hard; it is used just like the standard markers. However, there are various steps involved in the usage of art pens. They include
Step 1: Sketch the Design
If you want to do any art, you need to begin by sketching it. You can do it on the paper that you want to draw your art.
Step 2: Start With the Easy Part of the Art
With light red colour, carefully follow the sketch lines to draw the easy part of the art. The pen tip tends to be sensitive and therefore does not apply a lot of pressure. If you use more pressure, it might bleed the paper.
Step 3: Apply the Darker Color
Once you have applied the red colour, it is easy to draw; you need to use another colour, black colour, on the other part. Blend the ink with a lighter colour, like orange or red. This helps to achieve the desired colour and to prevent it from fading.
Step 4: Add Contrasting Colors
To make your artwork professional, you need to apply a contrasting colour to some artwork parts. For example, if you were drawing a flower, you could apply contrasting colours on the petal and other parts.
Step-5: Add Water
Before the artwork dries, apply a few water droplets to check if the colour is water-resistant. The use of the blending brush guides the water to the ages carefully. Let your work artwork dry, and watch how excellent the work is.
Art Pen vs Art Pencil
Both a pen and a pencil are vital instruments ideal for drawing. It is not easy to decide which of the two is worth the other. The use of either of the two depends on individuals’ effects, needs, or purpose. To differentiate them, here are the pros and cons of each.
Pencils are great instruments for drawing. They are a significant advantage in modern artwork. Here are the advantages of pencils and disadvantages
Advantages of Pencils in the Art
- Easy to erase when one makes a mistake
- It can be used to mark any surface
- The graphite of the pen is resistant to natural factors like light and chemicals.
- Perfect for any temperature for use
- It has a long-term lifespan
Disadvantages of Pencils on Art
- Light writing can make it difficult to read
- It is hard to photocopy
- They make one prone to making mistakes
The Use of the Pen in Art
Pens are known to be durable and long-lasting. Many people prefer pens over pencils because of the benefits that they have.
Advantages of the Pen in Art
- It comes in different ink colours
- It is easy to photocopy
- Pens are more functional than pencils
- The writing is easier and clear to read
- It does not require constant sharpening
Disadvantages of the Pen in Art
- The ink may end at any time
- Not easy to erase when one makes a mistake
- It is a bit more expensive than pencils
Pen vs Pencil is ideal for any artwork. None is better than the other. Al, you need to do is to choose the one that meets your expectations. The tool is not as vital as you may imagine, but it depends on how you use it. If you want long-lasting artwork, then the pen is ideal for you, but if you know you are prone to mistakes when drawing, try using pencils.
What Type of Pen Is Best for Drawing?
Drawing is a type of visual art where artists use various instruments to mark on paper. Such instruments are pens, and different pens are ideal for drawing; one such pen is a shuttle art pen. This pen has acid-free ink, is water-resistant and has an archival quality that will last longer.
Which Pen Is Best for Pen Art?
Just like drawing, there are top-quality pens that are ideal for it. One such pen is the Sakura Pigma pen. The link of this artist’s pen dries quickly, flows smoothly, and does not smudge or bleed your paper. It is also available in a variety of pen tips in every set.
Which Pen Is Best for Doodling?
Various pens are best for doodling; however, Uni-pin fine liner is one of the best. This pen has a tip size of 0.1mm, which is best for doodling and drawing. The pen comes in various sizes that are best for doodling.
What Pens Do Graphic Artists Use?
To identify the best pen that is best for graphic artists. Several pens are ideal for that task, and all that one needs to consider is to check which of the many is best. Any Copic 1.0mm more multiline is one of the best. There are other excellent pens you can use for graphic drawing.
Are Sakura Pens Good?
Yes, Sakura is one of the high-quality pens used for various tasks. The pen is excellent for scrapbooking because it does not smear or fade. It is the best option for scrapbookers that need to have permanent work that is of high quality.
There are a variety of drawing pens available in the market today. With this, it is difficult for one to choose the best. The art pen is best if it meets each of your needs. Most experienced artists and professionals understand the impact a high-quality pen has on their work.
If you are looking for the best pens for art, it is good to consider the following factors, ink quality, colour options, ink type, pen tip size, and design. From our list, you can realize that all the art pens reviewed are unique and provide you with an excellent outcome. Our experts have tested them and proved to be on another level.
If you are a stacker, I recommend you try Shuttle art 120 colours dual tip brush pen. With 120 different pens of various pen tip sizes, you can enjoy drawing with them. The vibrant colours of the pen also are fade and water-resistant. The ink flows smoothly and does not bleed any paper.